Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: FREAKIN CRAP

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Quikman's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dont u have normal ppl in your stores that know what they are talking about ?? ..o my bad Ive seen the Jay walk on the tongiht show...I feel for you I really do [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    hope u find one Leegata..

  2. #22
    Inactive Member overtkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2004
    Posts
    484
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    -mega is right Lee, try to get a manager involved, cause theres one thing for sure the job application isnt in spanish....and theres no way that your gonna get hired and not know any english...especailly when your a clerk in a racially mixed neighborhood...

  3. #23
    eoinwalsh
    Guest eoinwalsh's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Quikman:
    Ive seen the Jay walk on the tongiht show
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMAO, I love that segment, shows us how truly stupid you guys are [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member munkkeyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    1,325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Originally posted by overtkill:
    -mega is right Lee, try to get a manager involved, cause theres one thing for sure the job application isnt in spanish....and theres no way that your gonna get hired and not know any english...especailly when your a clerk in a racially mixed neighborhood...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you'd be surprised about thigns like this...Having been a supervisor at UPS, I had to deal with this kind of shit all the time. Because a company is hard up for employees, they will hire people who literally speak no english...the neat little trick is to have a bi-lingual person who ALREADY works there fill out the application with the person. Stuff like this goes on all the time at lots of companies, because a lot of the time there are "equal opportunity" quotas that have to be filled. It's not fair to the customer and or to the person being hired. But if you are "faking it" or don't care about learning the language, then I guess it doesn't really matter [img]eek.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member overtkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2004
    Posts
    484
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by munkkeyboy:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by overtkill:
    -mega is right Lee, try to get a manager involved, cause theres one thing for sure the job application isnt in spanish....and theres no way that your gonna get hired and not know any english...especailly when your a clerk in a racially mixed neighborhood...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you'd be surprised about thigns like this...Having been a supervisor at UPS, I had to deal with this kind of shit all the time. Because a company is hard up for employees, they will hire people who literally speak no english...the neat little trick is to have a bi-lingual person who ALREADY works there fill out the application with the person. Stuff like this goes on all the time at lots of companies, because a lot of the time there are "equal opportunity" quotas that have to be filled. It's not fair to the customer and or to the person being hired. But if you are "faking it" or don't care about learning the language, then I guess it doesn't really matter [img]eek.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i know what you mean,i used too work for this company that if you screamed La Migra(Immigration) more than half the people in the place runs out the door

  6. #26
    Inactive Member *lady vader*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    we have that problem up here in toronto only its with chinese ppl.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member munkkeyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    1,325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    actually, to be honest, I think americans are the worst when it comes to stuff like this...we tend to have that "I'm in America no matter where I am" attitude...gee, maybe that's why all other countries hate us [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member chaserfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    12,399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thats why I never even try the phone call to see if they have them. doesnt matter who answers, they dont have a clue

  9. #29
    Inactive Member TORMENTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,804
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't worry You'll get one..

    rav?dc4675466695292443518

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Shypappette's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not trying to sound harsh here by any means. I really want to know.
    If you were to get a job in Japan, would you feel obligated to learn their language before moving to the country and taking the job?

    It may not be fair, but it is a free country.
    I have been in many cases where I'm the minority being born in Canada. My junior high school had more Phillipino, Korean, Iraqi, Iranian, Sudanese, Viet Namese, Polish, Russian and countless other nationalities then it did plain 'ol white Canadians. Some of my best friends there hardly spoke english at all. But we still managed to communicate.

    Now I'm working at a bank in one of the most run down, ethnically diverse neighbourhoods in Calgary. You have to find a way to get along. And the foreign customers are, for the most part, understanding and patient.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •